Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and County Court Mediator; Certified Federal Mediator: Middle District of Florida, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Ocala, & Ft. Myers; Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
Windstorm Insurance Network Umpire and Appraiser
First Party Property Insurance; Bad Faith Claims Handling; Insurance Coverage; Premises Liability; Wrongful Death; Personal and Business Automobile & Trucking Negligence; Condominium Disputes; Homeowners & Commercial Property Damage.
Curtis Hutchens practiced insurance law for 20 years and as a result is well known and highly regarded in the State of Florida as a property and casualty insurance legal executive and litigator. He is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and Denison University in Granville, Ohio. Mr. Hutchens also attended classes at Northwestern University in Evanston Illinois and Boston University. He was an adjunct Professor at the Saint Johns River State College in St. Augustine Florida teaching business law for nine semesters.
Curtis is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and County Court Mediator, with experience across all lines of property and casualty insurance including first and third party claims and lawsuits. Curtis has participated in more than 1000 mediations as either an advocate or mediator. As a staff counsel for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, Curtis administered thousands of mediations for the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Denison University, Granville, Ohio, 1973
University of Miami, School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
- Certified as Circuit Civil and County Mediator by the Supreme Court of Florida
- Certified Federal Mediator; U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida: Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Ocala and Ft. Myers
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle DIstricts of Florida
- Member, Certified Property Casualty Underwriters Society, CPCU
- President, Windstorm Insurance Network
- DeMers Panel Arbitrator and Mediator for the Florida Office of the Attorney General CAPS Motor and RV Dispute Program
- Mediator, Florida Department of Financial Services
- Bad Faith Regional Counsel for Nationwide Mutual FIre Insurance Company
- Assistant General Counsel and Director of Claims Legal Services, Citizens Property Insurance Corp.
- Spokesperson for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to the Florida legislatively created Task Force for Prompt Resolution of Hurricane Property Disputes.
- Mass Settlement experience: Resolved 75 Hurricane Ivan lawsuits over three day period