Probate Disputes; Personal Injury; Commercial and Construction cases; Professional Malpractice: Partnership; Real Estate
Michael A. Genden was a well-respected trial attorney for 22 years before taking the bench as a Circuit Court Judge in Miami-Dade County. During his 24 year judicial career, Michael served for 13 years in the civil division and most recently for 4 years in the probate division. During his time on the bench, Michael would often mediate difficult cases at the request of his fellow judges. Michael brings a wealth of legal, judicial and mediation experience to the firm’s panel of distinguished neutrals.
Michael is available to mediate in any of our South Florida offices and in the attorneys’ offices upon request.
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, J.D.
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, B.A.
- Circuit Court Judge, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1993-2016
- Appellate Division, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 1993-2016
- Fourth District Court of Appeal, Visiting Judge
- Recipient of Judge Steve Levine Award, 2005
- Recipient of Maria Korvick Probate Award, 2015-2016
- Participant and Mentor, Florida Supreme Court Justice Teaching Institute
- Instructor, Florida Judicial Conference
- Judge, The Florida Bar Statewide Mock Trial Competition
- Member, Iron Arrow Honor Society, University of Miami
- Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade County
- Member of The Florida Bar