Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil, County and Appellate Mediator
Commercial Disputes; Personal Injury Claims; Professional Malpractice; Corporate Law; General Business Matters
Victor Tobin is an effective and well-respected litigator who is known as one of the leading attorneys in both the courtroom and the negotiating field. For more than twenty years, he served the legal community as a practicing lawyer. In 1996, he was elected a Circuit Judge and served as Chief Judge of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Florida from 2007 until 2011 after which he returned to private practice.
As a former judge, Victor presided over thousands of cases involving a wide variety of issues including: lawsuits in equity, complex litigation, construction litigation, contracts, medical malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, fraud, factoring and financing, indemnification and contribution, injunctive relief, partnerships/joint ventures, shareholder disputes, unfair/deceptive business practices, construction, real estate, environmental, libel/slander, negligent security, legal malpractice, foreclosures, injunctions, labor and employment, replevin, automobile insurance, and declaratory relief.
As both a former judge and as an attorney in private practice, Victor has either conducted or participated in numerous settlement conferences on these matters. From 2011 to 2014, he was General Counsel for a major Fort Lauderdale law firm. Victor received his Florida Supreme Court’s Circuit Civil Mediator Certification in 2014. He is a frequent lecturer, educator, and recipient of numerous awards and accolades from the Broward community and numerous bar associations.
A graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and an “AV” rated attorney, Victor lends his creative initiative to his mediation practice, where it will benefit attorneys and their clients who need solutions and efficiency.
University of Miami College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1973
Florida Atlantic University, Bachelor of Arts, 1970
- Certified as Circuit Civil Mediator by Supreme Court of Florida
- Certified as a County Mediator by Supreme Court of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Appellate Mediator
- IAUA Certified Property Insurance Umpire
- Chief Judge, Seventeenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2007-2011
- Circuit Judge, Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, 1996-2011
- Associate Judge, Fourth District Court of Appeal, 2003
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Admitted to practice before the U.S.Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. Customs Court
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. Tax Court
- Admitted to practice in the U. S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Former Member, Criminal Procedure Rules Committee, The Florida Bar
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Broward County Bar Association
- Charter Member, B’Nai Brth Justice Unit #5207
- Recipient, Stephen R. Booher Memorial Award in recognition of Recognition of Humanity, Integrity, and Dedication to the Bench, Bar and Community, 2009
- Recipient, Wheelchair Foundation Award; University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association’s Achievement Award, 2009
- Recipient, Judge of the Year, Margate Association of Condominiums, 2009
- Recipient, Broward County Justice Association Award, 2011
- Recipient, President’s Award, Broward County Bar Association, 2010
- Recipient, Outstanding Jurist Award, 2004. American Board of Trial Advocates, Ft. Lauderdale Chapter
- Recipient, Community Service Award for Outstanding Contribution Towards the Betterment of Life in Broward County, 2009