JOHN W. SALMON, Esq.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil, Family and Appellate Mediator
Federal Mediator: U.S. Southern District Court of Florida
Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
Windstorm Insurance Network Umpire
Commercial disputes; Complex Personal Injury; First Party Insurance Claims Probate; Professional Malpractice; Employment; Construction; Disability claims.
John W. Salmon, Esq. is a natural mediator with a broad-based educational, legal and business background. He is a graduate of Penn State University "with Distinction," the University of Florida College of Law and holds a Masters in Business Administration from Florida International University where he was an adjunct faculty member in the College of Business for over 15 years. He has also been an Adjunct Professor at the FIU College of Law teaching Alternative Dispute Resolution.
John is a Distinguished Fellow of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators, Diplomate Member and past President of The Florida Academy of Professional Mediators and member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. John was the 2010 recipient of the Florida Academy's Award of Merit for service to the mediation community in Florida. He has served as Chair of the Alternative Dispute Committee of the Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar and as Chair of the Florida Bar Grievance Mediation Committee.
In addition to having mediated over 7,000 cases, John has also served as both a binding and non-binding arbitrator and Special Magistrate for discovery matters. He is a frequent lecturer on "Appropriate Dispute Resolution", often incorporating martial arts and mediation techniques into his presentations. He is a Nidan - Second Degree Black Belt - with the Cuong Nhu Martial Arts Association.
|Super Lawyers Selected: 2006 - 2007, 2010 - 2014|
- University of Florida, College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1978
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A. "with Distinction", 1975
- Florida International University, M.B.A., 1989
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Trial Bar, U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
- Approved as Mediator for the U.S. Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator
- Windstorm Insurance Network Umpire
- Distinguished Fellow, American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Mediation
- Member, National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Chair, The Florida Bar Grievance Mediation Committee, 1999-2002
- Recipient, Award of Merit, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, 2010
- Recipient, Presidents Award, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, 2008
- Selected as a Florida SuperLawyer, Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Selected to Who's Who Legal for Commercial Mediation, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Selected as Florida Legal Elite Lawyer for Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2007
- Diplomate, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Member, Florida Circuit Civil Mediator Society
- Hurricane Mediator, Collins Center for Public Policy
- Former Member of NASD Board of Arbitrators and Mediators
- Contract Mediator, EEOC, Miami District Office, 2001-2002
- Primary Trainer for Circuit Civil Mediation Certification Training
- Assistant Trainer for Family Mediation Certification Training
- APCOM Reviewer, Prudential Policyholder Remediation Plan
- President, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, 1995-1997
- Past Member, Dade County Bar Association Mediation Committee
- Author, "Maximizing Mediation", Dade County Bar Bulletin
- Past Advisory Board Member, MetroBank of Dade County
- Past President, South Miami-Kendall Chamber of Commerce
- Former Director, South Miami-Kendall Bar Association
- Former Director, Industrial Association of Dade County
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Beth Ahm Israel
- Former Chairperson, Dade Partners/School Volunteers
- Outstanding Business Partnership Volunteer at Embassy Creek Elementary School for mentoring a fifth grade Mediation Program, 1993-1994
- Volunteer of the Year, Broward Outreach Center, 2002
- Former Vice President, Young Leaders, National Committee of Hadassah Associates
- Recipient of "Book Award" - Moot Court - University of Florida Law School - 1978
- Nidan, Second Degree Black Belt, Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts
- Former VIce President and Director of Marketing, Executive National Bank
- Former Partner, Whitman, Wolfe, Gross & Salmon, P.A.
- Licensed Real Estate Salesman, State of Florida, Inactive